II - Workflow
Hotkeys will come later. Next we need to setup the general workflow for creating links. First we set the settings on "After Capture tasks" and "After Upload Tasks":
This setup is the most versatile. What happens is the following:
- Capture the image (via hotkey or manually)
- Open in image editor, where you can add annotations. If you don't need annotations, you can just press
- Copy image to clipboard. This is useful if you wanted to embed an image into OneNote or Evernote.
- Save image to file. This creates a local redundant file that you can setup in your dropbox or google drive. These files saved locally are by YEAR-MONTH-DATE normally though
- Upload image to host. Uploads to imgur
- Copy URL to clipboard. After the image uploads to imgur, it creates a shareable link. You don't need to press
CTRL+Cat any point
note that everything occurs in chronological order
There are some other useful functions in "AFTER CAPTURE TASKS" that you may use:
- Copy file path to clipboard - this is useful for creating images for blogs that are not hosted on imgur.com.
Everything else is fairly redundant and doesn't really need to be used